A clean healthy lifestyle is a personal journey and there is so much information out there; it can often be confusing. There is just so much information out there! So how do you know what products you should be using, and which ones are just a waste of time? I am going to break it down for you today; sharing just a few of my favorite things. For extra ease, I added a link so you will be directed to the one I purchase (which is usually the most cost effective)
- Handcrafted Beauty Vitamin C: Surprise, lol!! Seriously though, every single woman should be using a Daily Vitamin C in her skin care regimen. And let me tell you why it should be this one… this is made from all Natural and Organic Superfruits and oils. Vitamin C serum packs an antioxidant punch unlike any other, not to mention it does not have the nasty fillers and ingredients that are impossible to pronounce. Our Vitamin C serum Delivers deep nutrition to your skin and repairs previous damage while protecting it from new. You will notice a difference in tone, texture and the reduction of fine lines and wrinkles. With the summer months, this product is 100% necessary and a true game changer. Vitamin C should be applied in the am and followed with the Daily Moisturizing Oil (Handcrafted Beauty) and your mineral sunscreen.
2. Think Sport Mineral Sunscreen: Mineral Sunscreens can be hard. I have tried a ton of different brands that leave me looking like a purplish iridescent Casper the ghost. Yeah, I would rather stay in the house all Edward Cullen like, that be hanging out by the pool schmered in white goop! After much trial and error I stumbled across this sunscreen, and it was a real game changer; especially since we have a pool and are often in the backyard swimming. ThinkSport is easily rubbed in, and my skin does not turn that weird hue, and the best part… it really does protect. When applied every two hours, it provides great sunprotection. Did I mention that this meets all of the EWG’s standards for sunscreen. (The EWG is a third party that reviews the safety of products on this market… and this one tests very safe.)
3. Diffusers: I am not knocking on candles, but I have to keep it real, I do not use candles…. EVER, and let me tell you why. I know that there is nothing better then lighting that baby up, and it making your house smell like warm gooey cinnamon bread and a mocha-chino coffee or whatever…. But we need to take a pause.. and what I am going to say, is going to hurt. Candles are bad. Not only are they a fire hazard, but they burn chemically manufactured scents and diffuse them into the air. Sorry guys, but it is time to face the music, those candles are made with manufactured scents filled with chemical compounds. Even the candles that promise the cleanest of burns and natural scents are potential health hazards. Even the cleanest of waxes can diffuse soot into the air. I use diffusers to scent my house safely and naturally. Just a few drops of my favorite essential oil, and cold water and my house is instantly scented with aromatheraputic benefits.
4. Spiralizer: This handy dandy little tool, makes it easier than ever to “eat your colors” Hot summer days and in season produce is just one of the many reasons I use this tool at least twice a week for my meals. I use my spralizer to make noodles from beets, zucchini and sweet potatoes.And I use it for making salads as well, I am able to get the most amazing textures and flavors from this tool. There are a ton of recipes on Pinterest and even cookbooks dedicated to cooking with a spiralizer. This is a clean eating game changer and a MUST HAVE.
5. Crystal Stick: I have tried every Natural Deodorant under the sun and have had a wide variety of issues. Mostly those issues translated to nasty B.O…. Anyway, my friend Jill K. (you know who you are Jill 🙂 recommended that I use this. Jill is an avid runner and if this truly natural deodorant was working for her, I was going to give it a try. The Crystal Stick is unique because it is basically made from salt and you slightly wet the top and rub it gently under your arms. Backed by the American Breast Cancer Association this, product is totally pure and really legit. I mean… this bad boy kills bacteria and keeps B.O. at bay, even after the most intense workout classes. What Jill forgot to tell me was that she had electrolysis and rarely has to shave her armpits. I on the other hand, am half Amazonian woman and shave every single day, which meant that this deodorant burned the crap out of my armpits. Which is a side-effect that I was willing to work through because it managed the BO all day long. To combat the sting, I wait until 15-20 minutes after I shower to apply, I also use a combination of Shea Butter mixed with a shake of our Handcrafted Beauty Baby Powder. I mix those together and apply a very light coat to my arm pits, then I wet the top of the crystal stick and go to town… that is the magic secret that made this product really work for me, and I will never ever ever go back to anything else. Did I mention that one of these Crystal Sticks is a years supply of deodorant? Boom!
So obviously I have way more favorite “Green” products which I will share in future posts. But now, I have to get a baby to bed!!!