Not going to lie, I am obsessed with dry brushing. Even though the practice goes back to ancient times, I am always surprised by how few have heard of it. Today I am going explain the art of dry brushing as well as explaining the amazing health benefits. So today I am Encouraging you to channel your inner horse groomer and get down with the dry brush!!
- What it is: Dry brushing is exactly what it sounds like. Utilizing a natural bristle brush, to gently remove dead skin, stimulate the lymphatic system, improve skin tone and much much more. Now before you grab just any old brush… It is important to note that choosing the proper brush is soooooo important!! Note: this tool should be made from natural bristles and should specifically be designed for dry brushing. Here is the brush that we are using (click on the image to review the item)
2. How to do it: Starting at the feet, brush the skin using soft circling motions, slowly working your way towards the heart. This ensures proper lymphatic drainage. Be gentle the goal is to exfoliate your skin….. Not tear it off ;). Tip: Put this bad boy in your husbands hand and have him dry brush your back….. Ahhhhhhhhh…. After your have completed dry brushing, apply Handcrafted Beauty Elixir or Baby Butter…. Can we say “at home spa treatment”?
- Lymphatic Support: lymph vessels run just under the skin, and frequent dry brushing stimulates the lymphatic system which helps to detoxify the body.
- Great Exfoliation: Results are immediate, you will love how silky smooth your skin feels after each use.
- Cleans Pores: This is a great way to prevent and treat the dreaded “bacne”.
- Decreases the appearance of cellulite
- Increased energy: Stimulating blood flow improves energy and overall wellbeing.
- Improved kidney and digestive function
I try to dry brush three to four times a week, and I even bought a brush for Avery and Brent (I am not down with brushing my back with their dead skin cells…. NASTY). If you are doing this on children be extra gentle, their sensitive skin does not need focused brushing. Just gently rub over the skin. Dry Brushing has amazing benefits, and is a great beauty treatment, especially in the summer months, when UV rays, sunscreen, salt water, chlorine, and sweat can wreak havoc on your skin!!