Michigan summers are absolutley gorgeous. Perfect temperatures, pristine waters, and soft sandy beaches are just a few of the many reasons I love Michigan Summers!
One of my favorite activities is taking Avery to local farms to pick loads of Michigan berries! If you have never had a Michigan berry… You are missing out! We always pick way too many so I make sure to freeze a ton for later. And that has certainly come in handy this summer.
With the warmer temps Avery keeps wanting to eat Popsicles. I was not about to give her those plastic tubes filled with artificial flavoring and sugar water. To be honest I was not to hyped on the organic options either, because they were full of sugar.
One thing I want everyone to realize is that Organic does not mean healthy. Organic simply means, it is made with real ingredients, not man made flavors and textures. Organic products can be high in sugar, saturated fat, and carbs. So make sure to read the labels.
I decided to make my own…. And oh my goodness I am so glad I did. Not only can I feel good about the ingredients, but my whole family loves these delicious refreshing treats!
Here is what you will need
- Fresh or frozen organic fruit. I love strawberries, blueberries and this week I made some pineapple (divine!!!)
- Organic vanilla Greek yogurt (check the sugar content)
- Popsicle molds, click on the image below for more information on the ones I use.
That’s it… Just two ingredients in this amazing refreshing treats!
- Thaw frozen fruit for 30-40 minutes (if using fresh you are ready to rock).
- Dump into a food processor to ensure fruit is puréed.
- Layer spoonfuls of fruit purée and Greek yogurt in a Popsicle molds.
- Freeze for 2-3 hours
That is it!!! Seriously so easy… Even brent could make these.
I am so excited for you to try these! You are going to love them.
Made from Only two ingredients, natural sugars – no added, and has a bit of protein. Not to mention they are so fun for kids to make and the options are endless
* you are going to want to get a couple of molds! Seriously we can go through 6 Popsicles in one day!!
* there is a trick to getting these out of the molds, quickly run the mold under warm water and then squeeze the sides releasing thE Popsicle. Then start to gently pull the stick away from the mold